Son of Former Ukrainian President Drowns in Lake Baikal
The younger son of former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych drowned in Lake Baikal in Russia.
Ukrainian MP Nestor Shufrych confirmed the death of Yanukovych's son, who was also called Viktor, the BBC reports.
According to Russian and Ukrainian media, Yanukovych's son died after his vehicle fell through ice on the lake while he was participating in a sporting event on Saturday.
The death of Yanukovych's son is the latest in a series of incidents involving people close to the former president.
The former regional governor, Oleksandr Peklushenko, was found in Ukraine earlier this month in what authorities believe to be a suicide.
Five other officials also died in mysterious circumstances this year.
Yanukovych, who is accused of embezzling millions of dollars in public funds, was deposited in February 2014 after massive protests opposing the president's pro-Russian orientation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria urged North Macedonia to include Bulgarians in its Constitution
- » The EU has decided that from 2035 only New Cars with Zero Carbon Dioxide Emissions will be Sold
- » Day 399 of the Invasion of Ukraine: VSU hit Russian Occupied Melitopol multiple times
- » The Pentagon is preparing the US Space Force for a possible Conflict with Russia and China in Space
- » Biden urged Netanyahu to abandon the Judicial Reform
- » Another Night of Clashes in France - Over 740,000 Protested against the Pension Reform