Bulgaria’s Economy Minister: Ammo Depot Inspection Scheduled Prior to Explosion
Bulgaria’s Economy Minister Bozhidar Lukarski insisted that he had ordered an inspection at the ammunitions depot of military plant VMZ Sopot in Iganovo prior to the explosion on Saturday evening.
In a Monday interview for the Bulgarian National Television, Lukarski argued that the inspection had been ordered due to fact that output of private companies had also been stored at the site.
He explained that experts were working at the site of the explosion to determine the cause of the blast.
He said that the explosion at the Iganovo-based storage facility of state-owned military plant VMZ Sopot had nothing to do with the explosion at the explosives factory in Gorni Lom on October 1, 2014.
Lukarski insisted that there were no workers at the depot, thereby rejecting allegations that the only reason for the lack of casualties as a result of the explosion at the Iganovo-based storage facility on March 21 was the fact that the second shift of workers had left earlier.
The principal of VMZ Sopot is Bulgaria’s Economy Ministry.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low
- » Maxim Behar - "Best PR Professional in the World" at the IPRCCA International Awards
- » The Trade Promotion Europe Annual Conference was held in Brussels