Bulgaria’s Economy Minister: Ammo Depot Inspection Scheduled Prior to Explosion
Bulgaria’s Economy Minister Bozhidar Lukarski insisted that he had ordered an inspection at the ammunitions depot of military plant VMZ Sopot in Iganovo prior to the explosion on Saturday evening.
In a Monday interview for the Bulgarian National Television, Lukarski argued that the inspection had been ordered due to fact that output of private companies had also been stored at the site.
He explained that experts were working at the site of the explosion to determine the cause of the blast.
He said that the explosion at the Iganovo-based storage facility of state-owned military plant VMZ Sopot had nothing to do with the explosion at the explosives factory in Gorni Lom on October 1, 2014.
Lukarski insisted that there were no workers at the depot, thereby rejecting allegations that the only reason for the lack of casualties as a result of the explosion at the Iganovo-based storage facility on March 21 was the fact that the second shift of workers had left earlier.
The principal of VMZ Sopot is Bulgaria’s Economy Ministry.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kristalina Georgieva: There is no significant slowdown in Lending
- » Bulgaria might File a Claim against Gazprom
- » Spurred by Film and TV Production, Canadian Entertainment Industry Continues to Surge
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension