Bulgaria Interior Minister Meeting with Top US, Canada Officials
Bulgarian Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova is currently in the US to hold talks with heads if domestic security agencies.
She is set to meet the chairs of the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), as well as US Attorney General Eric Holder according to a statement from the Interior Ministry.
A flight to Canada will follow these official visits, where the Bulgarian minister will take part in working meetings in Parliament and will have conversations with Minister of Public Safety Steven Blaney and Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander.
Bachvarova was appointed earlier in March after her predecessor, Veselin Vuchkov, stepped down.
Her visit to Canada will be the fist-ever paid by a Bulgarian Interior Minister.
FBI Director James Comey was on a visit to Bulgaria the same day Vuchkov handed his resignation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Supports Finland and Sweden for NATO
- » Bulgaria – North Macedonia: No Progress in the Work of the Joint Historical Commission
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: We give you Gas at Excellent Prices, Direct Flights will be Restored
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgarian PM: The Word “Corruption” addressed to Putin is an Insult
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Our Position on North Macedonia will Not Change
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat