EU Commission President Juncker to Visit Bulgaria at Subway Extension Opening
President of the European Commission expected to visit Sofia on account of the opening of the new subway lineextension leading to the airport.
Juncker will probably come to Bulgaria either in late March or in early April. It is expected that all EU Commissioners will visit the country by the end of May, as announced by Bulgarian PM Boiko Borisov during the Council of Europe session in Brussels Friday.
''When they come, they can see how EU funding is being utilized, how hapy people are,'' Borisov explained. '' When people of this rank visit Bulgaria, the country gets into TV broadcasts all over the world.''
Borisov added that he is hoping for the European Commission to guarantee a further BGN 1 B loan to the Bulgarian Bank for Development for the financing of projects on energy effectiveness.
The third subway trace ending in the capital's neighborhood Mladost 4.
Sofia Mayor yordanka Fandakova stated that in 2015 the third subway line will be launched, connecting Ovcha kupel and Botevgrad Blvd. The length of the section will be a little over 16 kilometers long and will have 19 stations along the way.
Additionally, the extension of the second subway line to Srebarna street will be completed in 2016.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria