Bulgaria's Culture Ministry Inspects Collapse in Thracian Tomb
Bulgaria's Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov ordered an urgent inspection in the tomb of the Thracian King Seuthes III after a collapse had been reported by the municipality of Kazanlak.
According to local Press TV, the Golyamata Kosmatka Mound, which contains the tomb, collapsed with nearly a meter and 5 cubic metres of soil had been removed from its corridor.
There is danger of the metal facilities, which sustain the corridor of the tomb leading to the chambers, to collapse, daily Dnevnik reports.
The Culture Ministry informs that the tomb remains closed at the moment due to the presence of leaks and the collapse of soil.
The tomb of Thracian King Seuthes III, which is located 1 kilometre south of the town of Shipka, was discovered in 2004 by the late archaeologist Georgi Kitov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Celebrate St. George's Day
- » Bulgarian President congratulated the Muslim community in Bulgaria on Eid Mubarak
- » Bulgarian PM for 146 years since the April Uprising: The most Important thing is Unity
- » Christ is Risen! Bulgarians Celebrate Easter
- » It is Holy Saturday, the Orthodox World Awaits the Resurrection of Christ
- » 6 curious Facts about the Alcohol Culture in Bulgaria