Bulgarian Regional Minister Pavlova Barely Escapes a New Landslide
As Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova was going over a regular inspection of the works of clearing away the landslide remnants on the road between Asenovgrad and Smolyan, she almost got hit by faling rocks on Thursday evening, NOVA news reported.
Shortly after 7 pm, Pavlova decided to check the pace of work on site, but barely managed to escape a further incident herself.
After the new series of heavy rains and snowstorms, several towns and villages across the country have been left without access to main roads. The most severe landslide happened in Bulgaria's Rhodope Mountains in the beginning of the week.
According to preliminary estimations, the total cost for supportive constructions to be built would amount to BGN 500 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Another Death on “Trakia” Highway
- » Bulgaria: The Fire near Lyubimets and Harmanli has been Contained
- » Bulgaria: A Bus full of Children Crashed on Trakia Highway Last Night
- » Bulgaria: A Woman and a Child Died in a Traffic Accident on the Trakia Highway
- » Bulgaria: There are 34 Active Fires in the Country, the Situation in Most Places is Under Control
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed