Online Store eMAG Fined Due to Violation of Bulgarian Trade Competition Law
The Bulgarian Commission for Protection of Competition has imposed a fine in the amount of BGN 137, 887 to Dante International AD for using unloyal client attraction practices.
According to the commission's press office, the reason for the fine has been violation of Bulgarian law during the advertising campaign for ''Win a Trip to the Canary Islands''.
It has been stated that the investigation was launched after a number of clients complained from the rules and regulations of the game organized by www.emag.bg. The company promised to give an award to the winners - a trip for two to the island of Tenerife. The game was conducted in the period 28.07-17.08. 2014 and participation was based on a purchase from the website worth at least BGN 100.
The commission has established that that the price of the award surpasses significantly the value of the product sold according to the criteria outlined by the regulatory framework for trade and competition.
As a result, the interests of competing companies have been affected and thus such methods of attracting clients can be deemed unlawful.
The sanctions have been imposed in alignment with the Law on Competition Protection.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “The Bulgarian Davos” Event will take place on December 14
- » Bulgarian Schools: Tests for On-site Studying have been provided for All Students starting December 6
- » The German Army will Send-Off Merkel with a Parade
- » Gazprom Increases Gas Supplies to Bulgaria by Nearly 44%
- » Bulgarian Minister of Finance: This year's Budget may End with even a small Surplus
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Government offers the minimum Wage to become BGN 710