Writer Terry Pratchett Dies at Age 66
English author of fantasy novels Terry Pratchett, aged 66, passed away Thursday, as announced by his publishers from Transworld.
He had been fighting Alzheimer's disease for years and later became an advocate for euthanasia.
Sir Pratchett passed away in his house alongside his family and beloved cat.
The acclaimed author of the Discworld book series was said to have died of natural causes.
Pratchett is one of the best-selling British authors of all time, renowned for his sarcastic and sharp writing style.
"In over 70 books, Terry enriched the planet like few before him,'' said publisher Larry Finlay. ''As all who read him know, Discworld was his vehicle to satirize this world: he did so brilliantly, with great skill, enormous humour and constant invention.
"Terry faced his Alzheimer's disease (an 'embuggerance', as he called it) publicly and bravely. Over the last few years, it was his writing that sustained him. His legacy will endure for decades to come.''
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Woman Died in an Accident at the Brikеl TPP
- » The Pack of Dogs that Killed a Woman in Bulgaria have been Put Down
- » Bulgaria: A 3-Year-Old Child died after a Home Boiler Explosion in Ruse
- » A Pack of Stray Dogs Killed a Woman in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: New Series of Bomb Threats in dozens of Schools in Sofia, Varna and Burgas
- » Bulgaria: Hurricane Wind Damaged a Commercial Establishment and Cars in Pazardzhik