First Round of Indian Wells to Start with Bulgarian Encounter
The first round of the Indian Wells tournament will pit against each other Bulgaria's best female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova and her fellow national Sesil Karatancheva.
This will be the third official encounter between Pironkova and Karatancheva, so far both of them having exchanged a victory against each other, daily Dnevnik reports.
In the last round of the qualifications Karatancheva defeated Pauline Parmentier from France with 4:6, 7:5, 6:1.
Although the Bulgarian was losing 3:5 in the second set, she made a successful comeback, winning the set and claiming the final victory.
The winner from the Bulgarian encounter will face CoCo Vandeweghe from the USA, who starts her participation directly from the second round of the tournament.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside