Weather Conditions in Bulgaria Remain Harsh
The regions of Smolyan and Kardzhali, as well as the municipalities of Ivaylovgrad Laki, Batak, Sarnitsa, Velingrad, Haskovo and Galabovo remain in a state of emergency over the heavy rains and snowstorms in Bulgaria.
Close to 538 locations across the country had no electricity, as announced by the Interior Ministry's Press Office.
The most critical conditions have been established in the regions of Smolyan, Kardzhali and Haskovo.
The previosly blocked roads Asenovgrad-Chepelare-Rudozem, Srednogortsi-Madan and Kardzhali-Ardino-Smolyan are now accessible.
A number of small towns and villages in the vicinity of Smolyan and Kardzhali, however, still remain cut off from the rest of the country.
Wednesday is the fifth consecutive day that four municipalities in Smolyan have no access to electricity. The same applies to the municipalities of Madan, Rudozem, Nedelino, Banite and thirteen more villages.
The mountain village of Mugla will be accessed using a ratrack.
The road to Pamporovo now operates with certain restrictions on heavy vehciles, and cars need to use chains. The work is slowed down as the fallen trees on the roads need to be removed first.
Meanwhile, the passages of Prevala and Pechinsko have been closed and will be cleaned.
The Rozhen passage is fully accessible with no restrictions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Returns in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 9 Regions, the Weather remains Cold
- » Code Orange for Strong Winds in 8 Regions of Bulgaria for Today
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be Sunny and Windy with a sharp Cooling in the evening
- » "Earth Hour" - We turn off the Lights and Shine a Light on the Problem of Endangered Animal Species
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents