Bulgaria's Karatancheva Scores First Win in Indian Wells
Sesil Karatancheva has scored a win in her first match of the Indian Wells qualifying round. The tournament has a prize fund of USD 5, 381, 235.
The Bulgarian won against ?agla Buyukakcay from Turkey with 6:3, 6:4 and needs just one more win to qualify for the main scheme of the tournament.
Sesil proved to be the better player from the very beginning of the match. She led by 4:1 in the first set and despite the fact that she allowed for the Turkish player to catch up to 4:3, but there was no break and she eventually won the set.
What is more, Karatancheva won in the next six consecutive sets of the match. Buyukakcay made an attempt to come back in the game, at a score of 4:0 for the Bulgarian player, but unsuccessfully.
In order to enter the main table for the tournament in Indian Wells, Sesil will need to score a win against Pauline Parmentier from France, who in her turn scored a win in the first qualifying round with 6:4, 6:1 against Shuko Aoyama from Japan.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria
- » Five things you need to know before playing free casino games online