Tsvyatko Georgiev Seen as Likely New Chief of Bulgaria’s Security Agency DANS
Deputy Interior Minister Tsvyatko Georgiev is one of the most likely successors to the head of Bulgaria’s domestic security agency DANS Vladimir Pisanchev, Trud daily reported on Monday.
Pisanchev resigned last week.
Georgiev was an advisor to caretaker Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki (2014) and is seen as being close to the Reformist Bloc, a junior partner in the minority coalition government led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, the daily said.
During the 2010-2013 period Georgiev was hired as an expert by the parliamentary subcommittee for control over secret surveillance devices used by law enforcement agencies in Bulgaria.
He has also worked in DANS, which is the Bulgarian acronym for State Agency for National Security, and the National Protection Service NSO, which provides protective security to Bulgaria’s national leadership and visiting government dignitaries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend