Bulgarian PM Borisov Proposes Deputy Bachvarova to Become New IntMin
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov announced Thursday that he will propose Rumyana Bachvarova for the position of Minister of the Interior to replace Veselin Vuchkov after his resignation.
Borisov made the announcement at his unexpected visit to Bulgarian Parliament. He said that he will make the proposal for the new minister position to stop speculations on the matter.
''I have always said that the stability in the upcoming months after several interim governments is of vital importance,'' Borisov stated. ''The resignation submitted by Vuchkov was extremely incorrect to me and to the government.''
The Prime Minister also announced that he will demand the resignations of both Svetlozar Lazarov and Vladimir Pisanchev. The proposal will be made at the next sitting of the Council of Ministers.
''I will demand their resignations right here at the the next sitting of the Council of Ministers,'' Borisov added. ''Because as it appears in the outside world, there are affairs happening behind closed doors. This is what put me out of balance, I can't bear it.''
He, however, noted that there should be no suspicion left on the decent and diligent work done by both Lazarov and Pisanchev.
Borisov added that his proposal for Bachvarova for the position of Interior Minister will aim at guaranteeing stability and civil support. He expressed a hope that this will lead to a ''stop of the manipulations, that many people submit to.''
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend