Bulgarian Deputy PM Bachvarova Surprised by Interior Minister Resignation
Deputy Prime Minister Rumyana Bachvarova stated Thursday that the resignation of Minister of the Interior Veselin Vuchkov submitted the day before came as a surprise.
She added in an interview for NOVA TV station Thursday that PM Boiko Borisov was not expecting such a development either.
''In this way, the resignation blurred all of yeasreday's events,'' she added. ''I can assure you that the resignation came as a surprise to everyone. It was submitted in a way that it could not possibly be deemed acceptable. It seemed more like an attempt to influence the Prime Minister.''
Bachvarova stated that Borisov never claimed that he would be unwilling to substitute Chairman of the State agency for National Security (DANS) Vladimir Pisanchev and Interior Minister's Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov on their positions.
After a number of heated debates Wednesday, analysts and MPs largely claimed that the reluctance of PM Borisov to substitute the two figures has been the reason for the resignation.
''It would be better for the shift to not happen so fast,'' Bachvarova added. ''He could substitute them in the moment that is most suitable.''
It is expected that later on today, the full details of the Vuchkov resignation will be revealed and the official decision will be made on whether it will be accepted or not.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend