Bulgarian Now Ex-Minister of the Interior Refuses to Retract Resignation
Veselin Vouchkov, the now ex-Minister of the Interior announced that he will not be retracting his resignation submitted Wednesday.
The statement was made after he met with the leaders of the right-party Reformatorski Blok and center-right ruling GERB party in Parliament today.
''I have stated my arguments in the Council of Ministers, and then I had a short meeting with PM Boiko Borisov and then re-instated them in front of the government representatives. At this point I am not ready to take back my resignation.''
Vuchkov said that the reason for his wish to leave office is the refusal of the cabinet to conduct a new procedure for the selection of Chief Secretary to the Interior Ministry, and new director of the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
''My motifs were based on the fact that I submitted a proposal for a start of the procedure at the Council of Ministers,'' he added. ''It was in alignment with the newly accepted legal changes of 8 days ago. I am definite about the fact that we need a new selection procedure, despite the fact that there are certain imperfections in the legal framework.''
Vuchkov announced that he had received a statement from the legal office to the Council of Ministers that no procedure can be launched due to missing directions in the document submitted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend