Lift Set on Fire Hours Before Start of Bansko Ski World Cup
The transformer of a Ski lift was set ablaze early on Saturday just before the beginning the FIS Alpine Ski World Cup in the Bulgarian resort Bansko.
No-one has been injured.
The lift, which is not in the immediate range of the Ski World Cup, is owned by Yulen, a concessioner of the ski zone around Bansko. However, the piste where it lies is one of the most preferred by tourists during the international event.
Standart News reports police found an inscription reading: "You will burn".
A Yulen representative has described the development as a "terror act", especially given the fact it took place "during the Ski World Cup".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia held a Funeral for the 45 Victims of the Bus Crash that occurred in Bulgaria
- » Skopje will Receive the Remains of its Citizens that Died in the Bus Crash on Struma Highway
- » Explosion in Munich Wounded Dozens and stopped the Movement of Trains
- » Minister Komitova: The Bus Crash on the Struma highway was not with High Speed
- » Possible End to Mass Explosions caused by Pyrotechnics during Celebrations in Sofia
- » Shooting at a Bus in Kosovo, Young Students were Killed