Lift Set on Fire Hours Before Start of Bansko Ski World Cup
The transformer of a Ski lift was set ablaze early on Saturday just before the beginning the FIS Alpine Ski World Cup in the Bulgarian resort Bansko.
No-one has been injured.
The lift, which is not in the immediate range of the Ski World Cup, is owned by Yulen, a concessioner of the ski zone around Bansko. However, the piste where it lies is one of the most preferred by tourists during the international event.
Standart News reports police found an inscription reading: "You will burn".
A Yulen representative has described the development as a "terror act", especially given the fact it took place "during the Ski World Cup".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Confirmed: 45 are the Dead in the Burned North Macedonian Bus
- » A Methane Explosion killed 52 people in a Russian Mine
- » Human Error is the Leading Version of the Tragedy on the “Struma” Highway, Victims are 44
- » The Burned Bus belonging to "Besa Trans" did not pass Customs Inspection on the Macedonian Side
- » Overview of the “Struma” Tragedy: Chronology, Versions and Sorrows of Two Nations
- » Procedure for Revocation of License of the Bus Carrier "Besa Trans" has Started