Bad Weather Postpones Super Giant Slalom in Bulgaria's Bansko
The first of the three FIS Alpine Ski World Cup races, which was scheduled to start on Friday in the Bulgarian ski resort Bansko was postponed due to bad weather conditions.
The first of the two Ladies Super Giant Slalom races was scheduled to begin at midday, but a thick fog descended in the morning, daily Dnevnik reports.
The race was postponed five times in total and since the fog did not disperse until the last possible starting time, it was called off.
This is the second time that this particular race is postponed, as it had been initially planned to take place in the Austrian resort Bad Kleinkirchheim in January, but due to strong winds it was rescheduled to Bansko.
The World Cup continues with another race of the Ladies Super Giant Slalom on Saturday and the Ladies Alpine Combined on Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria
- » Five things you need to know before playing free casino games online