Bulgaria's Karatancheva Qualifies for Acapulco Semifinals
Sesil Karatancheva stays in the fight for the title in the Acapulco tennis tournament after winning against Monica Puig from Puerto Rico in a three-set quarterfinals.
Karatancheva won after a match that laster 2 h and 24 minutes and secured a win after 2-6 7-6 (9-7) 6-4.
This has been the first major win for the Sofia-born tennis player ever since she decided to come back to her home country's team. After a doping scandal of 2006 and a 2-year suspension, she accepted an offer to represent the Republic of Kazakhstan in 2009.
Karatancheva came back to team Bulgaria in October 2014.
In the semifinals, the Bulgarian will play against the world number 37 Timea Bacsinszky from Switzerland.
Meanwhile, Maria Sharapova continues her winning series at the Acapulco Tournament, after defeating Magdalena Rybarikova with 6-1, 4-6, 6-2. Maria will have to win her spot on the finals against Carolina Garcia of France.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside