Bulgarian Striker Dimitar Berbatov Scores for Monaco's Convincing Win
Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov scored a goal, helping his team Monaco to achieve a convincing 3:1 victory over Arsenal in the first leg of the Champions League Round of 16 on Wednesday.
Geoffrey Kondogbia opened the score in the 38th minute, while Berbatov made it 2:0 for Monaco with a goal in the 53rd minute.
Arsenal managed to lower the score with a goal by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in the first minute of added time, before Yannick Ferreira-Carrasco restored the two-goal lead three minutes later.
Thus Monaco gained a comfortable advantage before the second leg, which will be played on home soil.
The return game is scheduled to take place at 20:45 CET on March 17 at the Stade Louis II stadium in Monaco.
Monaco is close to reaching the Champions League quarter-finals for the first time since 2004, when they played at the final against Porto.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Nadal in Monte Karlo
- » Buglarian Tennis Star Grigor Dimitrov Continues His Winning Streak in Monte Carlo
- » North Korea Will Skip Tokyo Olympics over Covid-19 Concerns
- » North Macedonia Scores Stunning Win over Germany in World Cup Qualifying
- » Three Gold Medals for Boryana Kalein at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:2 to Italy in Second Consecutive WC Qualification in Sofia