Taliban Bombing on Turkish Embassy Car in Kabul Kills At Least One Person
At least one person has been killed in a suicide attack on a car of Turkey’s embassy in Kabul, the BBC reported on Thursday.
The Taliban have claimed responsibility for the bombing in a message to reporters.
The explosion had possibly killed the Turkish national driving the targeted embassy car, Deputy Interior Minister Mohammad Ayub Salangi told reporters at the site.
Unconfirmed reports indicate an Afghan passer-by was also killed, Deutsche Welle said.
The attacker rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into the diplomatic car outside the Iranian embassy, which is next to the Turkish mission in the diplomatic quarter of the Afghan capital around 8 am (0300 GMT).
The blast - the first known suicide attack on a Turkish target in Kabul - highlights the unstable security situation in Afghanistan where the government is preparing to open peace talks with the Taliban militants.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Prepares Mission to Clean Space Garbage
- » China Stops Expeditions to Everest due to Transmission of the Coronavirus from Nepal
- » Deadliest Day in Gaza since Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Begun
- » China Landed Rover on Mars
- » Italy Ready to Reopen for Foreign Tourists
- » Russian Orthodox Church Pleas Reduction of Abortions to Fight Demographic Crisis