Voting on New Bulgarian Government Debt Issue Postponed
Parliamentary debates regarding the possible new debt issue of BGN 16 B will be postponed after the majority of MPs voted in favor of the proposal on Thursday.
The proposal came from the leader of nationalist Patriotic Front party, Valeri Simeonov. He added that in order for a decision of that importance to be taken, more clarifications will be needed.
Most MPs agreed, with 115 voting in favor, 59 against and two abstained.
Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov stated that the government is considering the option of issuing 30-year securities bearing a maximum interest rate of 10 percent. He added that new external borrowings will provide for its financial stability in the next three years.
Opposition parties, on the other hand, organized a series of protests in response on Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ireland has Lifted almost All Restrictions due to Large Number of Booster Doses
- » The Fitch BBB Rating of Bulgaria with a Positive Outlook has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Manufacturer: The price of Cheese can Jump up to 100%
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister is Confidant that Bulgaria will Adopt the Euro from January 1, 2024
- » After the Lavrov-Blinken meeting: Moscow is Waiting for an Answer by Next Week
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Envisages BGN 710 Min. Salary and BGN 3,400 Max. Insurance Income