Bulgarian MPs, President Will Receive Higher Wages
Calculations based on the latest data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI), which was released on Thursday, shows that Bulgarian MPs, ministers and president will all receive higher wages.
The remuneration of the MPs will become BGN 2886, which is an increase of 186 BGN compared to their present wage, Darik radio reports.
According to the parliament's rules of procedure, the MPs receive the amount of three average wages, based on the figure of the average wage in the public sector for the last month of the quarter.
In December 2014 the average wage in the public sector was BGN 962, which is an increase of BGN 62 compared to September.
Due to the rise in the MPs' wages, the remuneration of the prime minister, ministers and the president also rises, as these are pegged to those of the parliamentarians.
The Prime Minister and the Speaker of Parliament are to receive BGN 4473, which is an increase of BGN 288.
The remuneration of ministers increases with BGN 242 to become BGN 3752.
The president, who is the highest-paid statesman, will receive a wage of BGN 5772, which is an increase of BGN 372 – more than the amount of one minimum wage.
The data of NSI showed that the average monthly wage in Bulgaria in the last quarter of 2014 was BGN 847, which represents an increase of 4.7 % compared to the previous quarter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Bulgarian National Bank: Incompetent and Irresponsible Statements! Changing the BGN-EUR Exchange Rate is Impossible
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: There is No Risk of Bankruptcy
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry will propose Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit, Tax Changes and Spending Cuts