Bulgaria Drops Four Positions in FIFA World Ranking
The Bulgarian national football team dropped four positions in the latest FIFA world ranking, which was released on Thursday.
At present Bulgaria occupies the 70th position with 506 points, being one place behind Norway, which is one of its direct opponents in the qualifications for EURO 2016.
In the past several months Bulgaria registered a drop of 24 places in the ranking, daily Dnevnik reports.
Bulgaria's other main opponents in the qualifiers – Italy and Croatia, occupy respectively 11th and 19th position.
Bulgaria faces Italy in its next match from the European qualifiers, which is scheduled to take place on March 28 at the Vasil Levski national stadium in Sofia.
At present Bulgaria occupies fourth position with four points in Group H, being five points behind Norway and lagging behind joint leaders Italy and Croatia with six points.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Football Icon Dimitar Berbatov Announces Candidacy for Bulgarian Football Union Presidency
- » Football Clubs Unite: Rallying Support for Kidnapped Bulgarian Captains
- » Bulgaria's Nurgyul Salimova and Nadya Toncheva in the Top 10 of Chess Rankings
- » BREAKING: Borislav Mihailov Resigned as President of the Bulgarian Football Union
- » Bulgarian Ex-Minister and Shooting Sports Legend Endorses IOC Neutrality Amid Russia, Belarus Olympic Dilemma
- » How to Develop a Successful Sports Betting Strategy