Sofia Municipality Approves BGN 1,49 B Budget
The Council of Sofia municipality has approved the budget for 2015, amounting to BGN 1,49 B, BGNES information agency reported.
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova announced that the budget will further facilitate the construction of 8 new kindergartens, as well as the start for 8 more.
A portion of the budget will be used to connect the subway stops at the central bus and train stations in the capital to the new stop at airport Terminal 2. As announced previously, the Sofia waste treatment plant will start operating by the end of the year.
Fandakova added that 80 new buses have been purchased for public transportation purposes in the capital, 27 of which have already arrived.
Merely 1.2% of the budget has been allocated to heath care, and 0.6% to social programs. Fandakova said that several hospitals and kindergartens have improved conditions after successfully applying for EU funding programs.
She added that the capital cannot be divided into center and ''peripheral'' areas, while the budget has more funding allocated to non-central areas than the one from 2014.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend