Hundreds Stage Protest Over CEZ Power Failures in Bulgaria's Lozen
Close to 400 protesters from the Sofia village of Lozen gathered on Sunday to express their dissatisfaction with the services of CEZ electricity distribution company.
They attempted to block the southern wing of the Sofia inter-city road. Several people even tried to block the way to Trakiya motorway, but police forces stopped them.
The cause for the protests was the increased number of service interruptions by CEZ in Lozen. As a result, a number of electrical appliances have been damaged and can no longer be used.
The posters people carried read ''CEZ, pay for our appliances!'', ''Mafia'' and ''We want our electricity back''.
Participants in the protests complained that over the course of the past several days, electric services have been stopped close to 20 times on a daily basis, creating inconveniences for their families.
Meanwhile, Bulgarian Energy Ministry ordered inspections at all electric providers in Bulgaria - CEZ, Energo-Pro, and EVN at the end of January. The reason was the issuing of two electricity bills at once covering the winter holidays season, in violation to the 31-day metering period dictated by law.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Cheaper Gas for April and May
- » The State Oil Company of Azerbaijan will Open an Office in Bulgaria in May
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister: I changed the Management of Kozloduy NPP because of Potential Connections with Russia