Bulgarian Regional Minister Expects Major Landslides in 2015
Bulgarian Regional Minister Lilyana Pavlova said on Saturday that the country could be affected by major landslides in 2015 as these have started to occur on a daily basis.
Pavlova stated that a series of landslides have been unleashed, blocking roads on the whole territory of the country, daily Dnevnik reports.
The Minister clarified that rain was the major cause of the landslides rather than snow.
Pavlova added that a detailed analysis was being conducted in the critical zones and two possible sources of funding have been identified for addressing the damages.
An application form was being prepared for submission under the EU Solidarity Fund due to all natural disasters that have affected the country recently.
Another possible source was to apply for funding under the Operational Programme Environment, which foresees allocation of funds for prevention and repair works.
Pavlova assured that apart from several mountain passes, all other roads were open, except for those blocked by landslides.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny until the End of the Week
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increasingly Chilly in the Morning and Warm in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Morning, Warm Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Wind is Weakening, Rain possible in the Southeastern Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Windy today as well
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Even Windier Today