Maritsa Motorway Should be Launched by End of August – Minister
Bulgaria's Regional Minister Lilyana Pavlova announced in the town of Haskovo on Saturday that Maritsa Motorway is expected to be completed by the end of August.
Since the two lots of the motorway are funded under Operational Programme Transport, their completion until the end of the year is compulsory, the Bulgarian News Agency (BTA) reports.
Pavlova assured that in case there are no natural disasters, the first section should be constructed by the end of June, while the complete motorway should be launched by the end of August.
The Regional Minister also said that the budget under Operational Programme “Regions in Growth” amounted to slightly over BGN 3 B, its priority axis being urban development and restoration.
The budget allocated for the town of Haskovo under this axis was BGN 32 M, while that for the town of Dimitrovgrad amounted to BGN 23 M.
These funds could be expended on projects related with urban environment, public works, public transport, energy efficiency of schools and kindergartens.
Pavlova presented in Haskovo the national programme on energy efficiency of multifamily residential buildings.
The Regional Minister pointed that among the aims of the programme were the reduction of the heating expenses of households and the provision of employment opportunities.
Pavlova explained that the programme also aims to engage the participation of small and medium enterprises (SMEs), which would be involved in absorbing an investment amounting to BGN 1 B.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BSMEPA and BDB will host the 17th annual meeting of INSME in Sofia on December 9-10
- » Switzerland has introduced a Mandatory PCR Test Requirement upon Entry
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators are Reporting Increased Interest in Charter Programs for the Holidays
- » US has Introduced Mandatory COVID-19 Negative Test Requirement for those Arriving by Plane
- » Kristalina Georgieva: Omicron could Slow Down the Pace of Global Economic Recovery
- » “The Bulgarian Davos” Event will take place on December 14