Yane Yanev to Advise Bulgaria’s PM Borisov on Fight against Corruption
Yane Yanev, leader of the marginal conservative Order Law and Justice (RZS) party, has been appointed advisor at the Council of Ministers.
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borisov issued the appointment order for Yanev on Tuesday, according to reports of Darik radio based on the government’s press office.
Yanev is expected to advise Borisov on issues related to prevention and counteraction to corruption and conflict of interest.
Yanev was chair of the parliamentary anti-corruption committee in the 41st National Assembly.
He has also been a member of the parliamentary committee tasked with control of the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
Yanev did not take part in the last round of parliamentary elections but he stated his support for Borisov’s center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria).
During the presidential elections in 2011, the RZS party advertised their candidate, Atanas Semov, through billboards saying “I will dismiss Borisov.”
After RZS dropped out after the first round of the elections, they backed the presidential nominee of GERB, Bulgaria’s current head of state, Rosen Plevneliev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend