Fewer Bulgarians Went on Holiday Abroad at End of 2014
In December 2014 Bulgarians traveled more than 267 000 times abroad, which is an increase of 12.4 % compared to the same month in 2013.
A survey published by the National Statistical Institute (NSI) on Tuesday reveals that more travels of Bulgarians were recorded to Austria, Italy, France, Greece, Germany, Serbia and the UK.
At the same time, a decrease in the number of trips made by Bulgarians to Macedonia, Turkey and Russia is observed.
Trips for other purposes (visiting, education, cultural and sport events) make the greatest share of travels abroad in December 2014 – 51.4 %, followed by business trips with 26.4 % and holiday travels with 22.2 %.
Compared to December 2013, an increase is recorded in the number of business trips and trips for other purposes, while the holiday travels record a decrease of 4 %.
In December 2014 the visits of foreigners to Bulgaria were slightly over 430 000, which represents an increase of 6 % compared to the same month in 2013.
There is an increase both in the number of business trips and trips for other purposes, while holiday travels of foreigners to Bulgaria decrease with 25.2 %.
Out of all foreigners who visited Bulgaria in December 2014, the share of European Union (EU) citizens is 53.8 %, which is an increase of 7.8 % compared to the same month a year ago.
There is an increase in the number of visitors from Spain, Italy, Germany, the Czech Republic, the UK, Greece and Romania.
At the same time, there is a decrease in the number of visitors from Slovakia, Hungary and Austria.
There is also an increase in the number of visitors from other European countries with 1 %.
In December 2014 the majority of the trips made by foreigners to Bulgaria were for other purposes – 55.7 %, followed by holiday travels with 28.7 % and business trips with 15.6 %.
- » Bulgaria and Greece Boost Border Controls after Turkey Said it Won't Stop the Refugees from Entering the EU
- » Decrease of the Number of Births in Bulgaria in 2019
- » Chief Health State Inspector Dr.Angel Kunchev: The Coronavirus Spread into Bulgaria is Inevitable
- » NIMH: Maximum Temperatures between 8C and 13C, Rain in the Evening
- » PM Borissov Convened an Extraordinary Meeting of the Security Council because of the Coronavirus
- » The Bulgarians who were Blocked at a Hotel in Tenerife are Allowed to Leave