Bulgarian Authorities 'Arrested Varna-Based Criminal Gang'
A Varna-based criminal gang is responsible for three cases of murder in areas near the center of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, Deputy Chief Prosecutor Borislav Sarafov announced on Sunday.
Sarafov is referring to this month's incident near the Sofia Zoo where Mitko Damyanov, a formerly controversial player in the construction sector, and his wife, were killed, and also to the murder of Borislav Mandzhukov, an owner ot hotels, currency exchange bureaus and chains of clubs, in March 2014.
In a briefing at the Interior Ministry he said all but two members of the group have been arrested and indicted, with their leader Radoslav Kalchev, known as 'Cherniya Rodi' [literally Black Rodi], still being sought.
Charges of participating in an organized criminal gang dealing with drug distribution, prostitution and contract killing have been pressed against all members.
As for January's murders, both Sarafov and Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov explained the gang had allegedly received BGN 30 000 to kill the Damyanovi family, but stopped short of saying whose order they had carried out.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium