Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round
Bulgaria's No.1 female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova defeated British number one Heather Watson 6:4, 6:0 in the first round of Australian Open on Tuesday.
Pironkova took 83 minutes to edge her way into the second round of the tournament, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
Pironkova will next play last year's Australian Open finalist Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia, who won the match against Belgium’s Kirsten Flipkens 3-6 6-3 6-1.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who Are Bulgaria’s Opponents in Their Euro 2024 Qualifying Campaign?
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?