Greek Company to Build Tobacco Processing Plant in Bulgaria’s Kirkovo
A Greek company plans to invest in the construction of a tobacco processing factory in the southern Bulgarian municipality of Kirkovo, according to Sali Ramadan, Mayor of Kirkovo.
Ramadan, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency, informed Monday that the company had already signed a contract for the purchase of a plot of nearly 30 decares on the territory of the Kirkovo municipality.
He said that the construction of the tobacco factory was expected to begin in spring.
The Mayor of Kirkovo announced that the Greek investor specialized in buying and processing tobacco and had a factory in the city of Xanthi.
Ramadan said that the planned tobacco factory was the sole Greek investment registered in Kirkovo after the opening of the Makaza-Nimfea border crossing in September 2013.
He explained that the total headcount of the tobacco factory had not been discussed with the investor, adding that a condition for hiring locals had been included in the contract.
The Mayor of Kirkovo expressed hope that heavy goods vehicles would soon be able to cross the border crossing point so that investors seeking to set up production units there would face an easier task.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Bulgarian Exports to Turkey Increase by over 32%
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Facts about Crude Oil that Every Trader Should Know