Bulgaria Celebrates 120th Anniversary of Tourist Movement
Bulgarians are celebrating the 120th anniversary of the tourist movement in the country with an ascent of the highest peak of mountain Vitosha – Cherni Vrah on Saturday.
The participants in the second mass ascent “In the footsteps of Aleko” will also mark the 152nd anniversary of writer and founder of the tourist movement in Bulgaria Aleko Konstantinov, Darik radio reports.
The hike begins at 8 a.m and the gathering point is the last stop of bus line 93 in Sofia.
Nearly 300 people participated in the first organised ascent of Cherni Vrah peak 120 years ago, while the number of people who have stated their participation this year is four times greater.
The organiserts of this year's tourist initiative explain that the hike aims to seek continuity with the ideas of its founder.
The ascent will also familiarise participants with the beauties of the Bulgarian nature and its historical heritage.
Everyone who decides to take part in the ascent can decide whether to climb the peak on foot or by lift.
The main group will ascend the peak on foot and will descend it by lift.
The ascent of Cherni Vrah lasts for around five hours.
Sofia Municipality has supplied an additional bus on line 93 to accommodate for the increased number of passengers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Restart of the Winter Season in Bulgaria: Heavy Snow and many Tourists in Pamporovo and Chepelare
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Mexico deported 27 Bulgarian Tourists in the span of 3 Months, Some were Kept in Cells for 4 Days
- » Snow finally Covered the Tracks in Pamporovo
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers are coming up with Alternative Activities for Skiers in Anticipation of Snow in the Winter Resorts