Bulgaria Police Hunt Down Suspected Organized Crime Group in Sofia
Bulgaria’s police on Wednesday launched a large-scale operation in Sofia to arrest members of an organized crime group, the Interior Ministry said.
Over 200 police officers have been searching 11 locations in the Bulgarian capital for members of the group suspected of being involved in contract killing, drug trafficking, arson and illegal use of firearms and explosives, the ministry said in a statement without elaborating.
According to Interior Ministry Deputy Chief Secretary Georgi Kostov, “more than five” suspects have been arrested in the course of the operation.
The group has been under police surveillance, Kostov told reporters in parliament.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police