Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Registers Record Drop for December
The unemployment rate for the month of December has decreased for the first time in Bulgaria since 1991.
The unemployment rate in December 2014 was 10.7 %, which represents a drop of 0.1 % compared to November 2014, Darik radio reports.
For comparison, the unemployment rate in December 2013 was 11.8 %, announced the executive director of the National Employment Agency Asen Angelov on Tuesday.
According to Angelov, the only other instance of the unemployment rate decreasing in the month of December, was in 2002.
However during the last three months of 2002 the pilot programme “From social benefits to provision of employment” was launched and many unemployed were provided with subsidised employment.
The number of unemployed has decreased by more than 50 000 people during 2014, while this figure stood at only 5500 in 2013.
These results have been achieved despite the severely limited funds for subsidised employment.
In December 2014 the number of people registered as unemployed was 351 051, which is 2553 people less compared to November 2014.
For comparison in 2013, the number of people registered as unemployed in December exceeded those in November by 9616.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Germany Also Will Apply 3rd Dose Anti-covid Booster from September
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on Tuesday
- » Bulgarian National Radio: Andon Baltakov Resignes as Director General
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 393 New Cases
- » Bulgaria is at the Beginning of Fourth COVID-19 Wave
- » RECORD HEAT: Temperatures between 37 and 42 Degrees in Bulgaria