NATO Secretary General to Visit Bulgaria
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg is expected to visit Bulgaria by end-January.
NATO's press office has officially confirmed this for Novinite but the date has not been specified.
According to private TV station bTV, based on sources close to the matter, Stoltenberg is to arrive in Sofia by the end of the month.
During his visit to Bulgaria, Stoltenberg is expected to discuss the country’s commitment to gradually increase its military spending to 2% of the GDP, which has not been observed in the 2015 state budget.
By the end of the week, Bulgaria is to welcome Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond (January 14) and US Secretary of State John Kerry and Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland (January 15).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » Referendum in Bulgaria? Ex-Showman is Gathering Signatures to Change the Republic from Parliamentary to Presidential
- » Bulgarian MEP: The Statement of North Macedonia’s President repeats the Hateful Rhetoric against Bulgaria
- » The Central Election Committee recommends April 2 as the Date for Early Elections in Bulgaria