Bulgaria Needs over BGN 11 B to Improve Water Supply, Sewerage Services
Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova has informed that Bulgaria needs over BGN 11 B for upgrades in the water supply and sewerage sector.
Speaking Tuesday at the first of a series of meetings on water supply and sewerage reform, which bring together representatives of the Ministry of Environment and Water, the National Association of Municipalities in the Republic of Bulgaria, and water supply and sewerage companies and associations, Pavlova noted that the implementation of reform measures in the sphere was essential for attracting EU funding.
She made clear that EU programs, most notably operational program Environment, could provide a total of BGN 2.5 B for investments in the sphere.
Pavlova said that the Rural Development program, as well as the state budget, could also be used to finance investments in the sector.
Bulgaria’s Regional Development Minister underscored that failure on the part of Bulgaria to fulfill all of its commitments related to the implementation of the National Water Sector Development Strategy and the EU requirements concerning environmental protection and drinking-water quality would render it unable to rely on EU funding.
Pavlova pointed out that the improvement of water supply and sewerage services required huge investments and the lack of EU funding would call into question Bulgaria’s commitment to implement these reforms.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Davos 2022: Poland's Energy Sector requires Investments of at least PLN 1.3 trillion by 2030
- » Bulgaria: Nearly 40% Increase in the Price of Heating is Planned by the Energy Commission
- » Bulgaria Officially Adopted the National Plan for Introduction of the Euro in 2024
- » Cryptocurrencies Went Down out of Consolidation
- » Diesel and Gasoline more Expensive for Foreigners in Hungary
- » Moo Lander the all-Bulgarian Computer Game with Cows will be Officially Released on May 27