Former Egyptian President Faces Embezzlement Retrial
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who was convicted of embezzlement in May 2014, faces a retrial after the Court of Cassation ruled that legal procedures were not followed properly.
It still remains unclear whether Mubarak will be released from custody, the BBC reports.
The former Egyptian President was sentenced to three years in prison after he was found guilty of embezzling millions of dollars for personal use.
Mubarak and his sons Alaa and Gamal, who were also sentenced to four years in jail, were convicted of spending millions of dollars on private residences.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Prince Philip, Husband of Qween Elizabeth Has Infection and Is Set to Stay in Hospital
- » Man Admits Murdering the Maltese Journalist Caruana Galizia in Court
- » NASA Lands Rover and First-ever Helicopter on Mars
- » India Arrested Civil Activist Related to Greta Thunberg's Movement Fighting against Farming Reforms
- » Protests in Myanmar against the Coup Continues
- » Poland to Ease Some COVID-19 Restrictions, but Lockdown Remains