Man Claiming to Be IS Member Says in Video He Was Paris Supermarket Attacker
A man looking like the attacker, who killed a female police officer and took hostages in a supermarket in Paris, has claimed in a posthumous video on Sunday he has member of the Islamic State (IS) militant group.
According to AFP, the man resembling Amedy Coulibaly appears on the video that was posted online, and claims he coordinated his actions with brothers Cherif Kouachi and Said Kouachi , who are suspected of having killed 12 people in the attack on Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine on Wednesday.
A text at the start of the video says the man is Coulibaly, and that he was responsible for the killing of a policewoman in the southern Paris suburb of Montrouge on Thursday and the attack on a Jewish supermarket in eastern Paris on Friday, in which he took several hostages.
Coulibaly died in a shootout with police at the supermarket, where four hostages were killed.
Speaking into the camera, the man said he had “declared allegiance” to “the Caliph of Muslims Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi”, the leader of Islamic State.
“If you attack the caliphate, we will attack you,” the man in the video footage said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC: Bulgaria has ensured even better Protection of the EU External Borders than in the First Inspection
- » Von der Leyen: EU must adapt its Rules in response to US Subsidies
- » The European Liberals declared for the simultaneous acceptance of Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia in Schengen
- » European Commission: Soon we will be able to Talk on the Phone and use the Internet during a Flight
- » Bulgaria’s Vice President: The Netherlands gave the best Christmas present to all Eurosceptics
- » Bulgarian MEP: Western countries are showing Hypocrisy and Duplicity by denying us Entry into Schengen