Bulgaria Also Runs Risk of Terrorism After French Attack - IntMin Official
The fact that a EU and NATO member state could be subject to a terror attack such as the one in French weekly Charlie Hebdo's offices means there is also terror risk for Bulgaria, an official has said.
As many as 12 people died and 10 were injured in the attack.
Interior Ministry Chief Secretary has told the Bulgarian National Television his institution does not have any information about a "specific threat", but has added a threat is tied to "various factors."
Asked whether Bulgaria will beef up security after the events in France, Lazarov has denied to comment publicly on what measures will be adopted in response to similar "asymmetric threats".
"For a few months we have been exerting total control on the Bulgarian-Turkish border... and the names of all those crossing it are written down in the database. But to establish if a given person is [characterized] by certain forms of extremism, this is another issue. We have no grounds to take specific measures if no information of specific actions has been provided."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Switzerland has introduced a Mandatory PCR Test Requirement upon Entry
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators are Reporting Increased Interest in Charter Programs for the Holidays
- » US has Introduced Mandatory COVID-19 Negative Test Requirement for those Arriving by Plane
- » Kristalina Georgieva: Omicron could Slow Down the Pace of Global Economic Recovery
- » “The Bulgarian Davos” Event will take place on December 14
- » Bulgarian Schools: Tests for On-site Studying have been provided for All Students starting December 6