Bulgaria Also Runs Risk of Terrorism After French Attack - IntMin Official
The fact that a EU and NATO member state could be subject to a terror attack such as the one in French weekly Charlie Hebdo's offices means there is also terror risk for Bulgaria, an official has said.
As many as 12 people died and 10 were injured in the attack.
Interior Ministry Chief Secretary has told the Bulgarian National Television his institution does not have any information about a "specific threat", but has added a threat is tied to "various factors."
Asked whether Bulgaria will beef up security after the events in France, Lazarov has denied to comment publicly on what measures will be adopted in response to similar "asymmetric threats".
"For a few months we have been exerting total control on the Bulgarian-Turkish border... and the names of all those crossing it are written down in the database. But to establish if a given person is [characterized] by certain forms of extremism, this is another issue. We have no grounds to take specific measures if no information of specific actions has been provided."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is among the Seven Countries with Growth in Car Sales for the Quarter of 2022
- » Goldman Sachs has lowered China's Growth Forecast for 2022 to 4%
- » Cherries from Greece and Turkey are expected to Flood the Market in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Annual Inflation in April was 14.4%
- » The EC Forecasts Inflation of nearly 12% for Bulgaria
- » How much have Incomes and Expenses Increased in Bulgaria in a Year