Pro-Russian Group Hacks Websites of Merkel, Bundestag
A group of pro-Russian hackers claimed responsibility for hacking the website of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and the lower house of parliament – the Bundestag on Wednesday.
The attack comes as Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk is expected to arrive in Berlin on Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal reports.
A meeting between Merkel and Yatsenyuk is scheduled to take place on Thursday at which they will discuss economic support for Ukraine.
The group of pro-Russian hackers, styling themselves as CyberBerkut, claimed responsibility for the attack.
The spokesman of the German government Steffen Seibert said that the attack was rather strong, but the necessary countermeasures have been taken.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2023: Iran at the Doorstep of the Nuclear Club?
- » A Romanian Court extended the Detention of Influencer Andrew Tate
- » Day 393 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At Least 14 Dead after Russian Strikes on Civillian Infrastructure
- » EU: Countries like Bulgaria should not Block others regarding Shells for Ukraine
- » Day 392 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin and Xi reaffirmed the Principle that Nuclear War should Never Start
- » North Macedonia's Foreign Minister: We must make the Changes in our Constitution