Bulgaria’s Ex Refugee Agency Head Reappointed by Govt
Nikola Kazakov, former Chair of Bulgaria’s State Agency for Refugees, has been reappointed as head of the unit.
Kazakov was reappointed as Chair of Bulgaria’s State Agency for Refugees during Wednesday’s sitting of the government without a competition.
Kazakov was director of the refugee agency in the period 2009-2013 during the term in office of the center-right GERB government, according to reports of Sega daily.
In October 2014, Kazakov was ousted by then-Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev over poor performance.
Kazakov came under criticism for the absolute lack of preparation of the State Agency for Refugees for the peak of the refugee influx in 2013.
On December 29, 2014, Chirpanliev was dismissed and his deputy Vasil Varbanov was appointed as interim head of the agency.
Bulgaria’s Public Financial Inspection Agency (PFIA) uncovered public procurement violations worth BGN 261 000 during Kazakov’s term in office as head of the refugee agency.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend