Bulgarian Telecom Vivacom Suffers Major Outage
Bulgaria's largest telecommunications company Vivacom suffered a major outage on Tuesday, leaving its subscribers without access to their mobile phones and the Internet.
Representatives of Vivacom have announced for NOVA TV that such a problem existed and crews were working on fixing it.
According to NOVA TV, the problem is at national level, as the 2G and 3G networks of the company have collapsed.
The management of the company has gathered at an emergency meeting.
The outage has affected the functioning of the state administration and firms, as their access to the Internet and telephones has been cut off.
Vivacom is at danger of suffering enormous losses as the company has signed contracts with numerous firms for the guaranteed supply of Internet.
In the event of an outage, the company will be liable to compensate all companies that have been affected.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Passengers Wait over 6 hours for a Wizz Air Flight to Valencia at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria: 18-year-old on Amphetamines killed 22-year-old Student in Car Crash
- » Bulgaria: Taxi carrying Illegal Migrants from Syria Crashed in Sofia
- » Car Accidents with Casualties all over Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby