Bulgaria's Border Police Has New Director
Milen Penev was officially announced by Interior Minister Veselin Vuchkov as the new director of Bulgaria's Border Police on Monday.
Penev succeeds Zaharin Penov, who resigned following the truck incident which claimed the driver's life, and injured most of the other border policemen it was transporting.
The incident happened in the early hours of 26 December 2014 when the truck overturned into a flooded gully as it was returning from an operation at the Bulgaria-Turkey border.
The Interior Ministry has not yet disclosed information on the causes of the incident.
Prior to this appointment Penev has served as deputy-director of Border Police.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend