Bulgarians Spent BGN 6 M Per Hour Around Christmas
The Bulgarians were spending BGN 6 M per hour in preparation for the Christmas holidays, shows preliminary data of the National Revenue Agency (NAP), quoted by the Nova TV national channel.
It is expected that this year the households will spend more on celebrations and shopping, compared to last year.
According to a survey, quoted by the TV channel, around 80% of the Bulgarians will celebrate New Year at home. Barely 720 000 people said they will travel, with the majority travelling to their home towns or will visit friends.
Only 160 000 Bulgarians said they will travel abroad, most often to Greece, Turkey, Serbia and Macedonia.
Meanwhile, on Christmas Eve the BTA wire service reported that 1.5 million Bulgarians will celebrate the holidays with less than BGN 10 per day.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Cyrillic Initiative Launches
- » The Council of Europe called on Bulgaria to Better Protect Victims of Domestic Violence
- » A Car with Ukrainian Registration was Set on Fire in Varna
- » The Average Life Expectancy of Bulgarians is Decreasing
- » A Dead Newborn wrapped in a Plastic Bag was found in Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 262 New Cases in the Last 24 hours