Spring for Christmas, Proper Winter for New Year
The unusually warm weather in Bulgaria will last throughout Christmas and the temperatures will remain spring-like, reports the bTV national channel.
The weather in the ski resorts will also be abnormally warm.
On Thursday, however, a Mediterranean cyclone will bring first rain and then snow in the weekend. Temperatures over the weekend are expected to drop below zero.
“We are returning to proper winter weather,” the climatologist Georgi Rachev told bTV.
On December 30 and 31 another cyclone will bring more cold and snow.
According to Rachev the outgoing 2014 would post a historical high in rainfall – in Sofia, for example, the total annual precipitation would exceed 1000 mm, while the average is below 600 mm.
He said it was hard to predict what the weather in 2015, but added it would probably be less extreme than in 2014.
- » San Francisco Airport Banned Plastic Bottles
- » Fine Dust From Africa Passes Over Bulgaria
- » The Heat and Heavy Rains Will Last Longer Due to Climate Change
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny and Hot with Light Wind
- » Temperatures in July This Year Were the Highest Ever Recorded Globally
- » UN: Refusing Meat Consumption Can Help Combat Climate Change