Privatization Procedure for Freight Unit of Bulgarian State Railways Relaunched
Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski has submitted a proposal for the privatization of the freight unit of the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) company to the Privatization and Post-Privatization Control Agency.
The procedure was stopped by the socialist-led government of Plamen Oresharski.
Then-Transport Minister Danail Papazov announced that the privatization of BDZ Freight Services would be stopped, without going into details about the reasons behind the decision, according to reports of Pressa daily.
A number of other privatization procedures were stopped in 2014, including the ones for the state-owned Domestic Diplomatic Properties Agency (ADIS), the Bulgarian Stock Exchange, and the Central Depository.
As a result of these decisions, there were next to no revenues from privatization, against a target of BGN 308 M.
- » Bulgaria Is the Leader in the Number of Fintech Companies in Southeastern Europe
- » An Electronic Labor Exchange Platform Will Start Operating on the European Labor Day
- » Will the Fuels' Prices Go Up after the Saudi Arabian Refinery Attacks?
- » Brussels with a New Invitation to Municipalities to Apply for Free Wi-Fi
- » Oil Prices Rise with 10%
- » Bulgaria Is the Third Most Attractive Destination for Foreigners in the Region